Two Cool Camps During the 2019 Thanksgiving Break Week
Monday, Nov. 25 – Wednesday, Nov. 27
“Thanksgiving Maker Days”
Get making with science and tech! We will have all the maker tools and materials available (hand tools, electronic components, art supplies, and fabrication machines), with a daily creative exercise and story of a famous maker. As a whole group, we will be making a “Baby DJ” table to be used in future little kid programs.
This camp is best for ages four to ten, but we will always consider outliers. Sign Up your young maker here. Junior Helper Spots available here. Can’t attend all three days? By-the-day spots are here.
“Young Entrepreneurs” Camp
Kids aged eight to fourteen will be immersed in entrepreneurship to make a business idea come to life. The camp will start with brainstorming, and end in a “pitch” competition, where one new idea will be awarded $100 to launch. Kids can fly solo, or group up; all attendees will learn how to rapidly prototype their idea using the popular Business Model Canvas tool.
Campers must attend all three days. Sign up here.
Beginning September 23
- For learners in K-12
- Twelve-week session
- September 23 thru December 19 (break for Thanksgiving week)
- Open Monday thru Thursday, 3:30pm-6:30pm (come any time during open hours)
- Six self-paced learning track themes
- Just for Fun or For Skills Development
- Options of one to four days a week
- 10% off camps and parties for Club Members thru Fall/Winter
- Scholarships available
- Snacks included
- Once a week – $300, $25 supply fee (12 passes)
- Twice a week – $480, $50 supply fee (24 passes)
- Three or four days a week – $600*, $100 supply fee (Unlimited passes during session)
- Project mentoring – add $150*
- *Can be paid in two or three payments
- Design for 2D and 3D
- Analog/Digital Game Making
- Animal and/or Space Management
- Repurpose/Upcycle Art and Making
Note about Supply Fee: The learner will budget and spend this fee for supplies they need for projects. They/you may also furnish additional items.
Note about Mentoring: we will work with your family and the learner to manage specific project(s) and will either do a live presentation for family before Winter Break or keep a mini blog/vlog documenting the project and displaying competency.
Sensory Friendly Saturdays
All are welcome here
WorkChops Sensory Friendly Saturdays – Coming in October
Winter Break Camp Days
Pick your favorite activities
Info Coming Soon!